Private Organizations (POs) or Unofficial Activities (UAs) are self-sustaining special interest groups, set up by people acting exclusively outside the scope of any official capacity as officers, employees, or agents of the federal government. They operate on an Air Force installation only with the written consent of the commander.
To conduct on and off-base fundraising, interested groups must become established Private Organizations (POs) or Unofficial Activities (UAs). All fundraisers held on and off-base must be approved by the 412 MSG/CC or the 412 FSS/CL.
Please route fundraiser requests to the Private Org Coordinator, 412FSS.FSR.Private.Orgs@us.af.mil.
You can form your own club or private org (PO) at Edwards if you believe it
will contribute positively to the quality of life at Edwards
– You can form it around specific ethnic, religious, or other personal
interests, but membership may not be restricted
– Your PO is not a federal entity and care must be taken to disclaim any
federal endorsement or affiliation
– Your PO must submit a written constitution and bylaws to FSS for
registration; this must be re-certified every 2 years
– Your PO must have financial review by FSS every year
– Your PO must have insurance or an insurance waiver on file
WHAT YOU CAN DO
pamphlet for fundraising details. Fundraising request form available from
– Sell! Your PO can engage in continuous retail operations, such as selling
coins or snacks
– Your PO can hold activities on installation facilities with prior approval
from FSS and the appropriate authority
WHAT YOU CAN’T DO
are subject to a months-long state approval process in advance of the
– Your PO cannot serve alcohol
– Your PO cannot conduct activities that compete with AAFES’s offerings
– Your PO cannot have or even appear to have any Federal endorsement of any
– Your PO cannot use government resources such as Air Force email to advertise
DoD 5500.07-R, Joint Ethics Regulation (JER), (30 August 1993)
AFI 34-219, Alcoholic Beverage Program (30 April 2019)
AFI 34-223, Private Organizations Program (13 December 2018)
AFI 36-3101, Fundraising (9 October 2018)
SHOW ME THE MONEY FUNDRAISING ARTICLES
How are we doing?
Share your feedback about this facility through the Interactive Customer Evaluation (ICE) Website.