UPDATE 06/02/2020 -Library To Go Pick Up Service is available Monday, Wednesday & Friday from 10AM – 2PM CALL 275-2665 for details.
UPDATE: Edwards Base Library is now accepting material returns in the exterior book drop located in the library parking lot and the interior book drop located to the right of the library’s front doors.
Welcome to the Edwards Air Force Base Library, a place for fun and relaxation, as well as education and learning. We look forward to providing you with access to information resources and support for professional, military and educational research.
The Base Library strives to provide access to mission critical information, support professional military and voluntary education programs and enhance the quality of life for our community. In fulfillment of this purpose, we offer access to popular fiction, non-fiction, children’s books, young adult books, public computers with internet access and Wi-Fi, Chief of Staff of the Air Force reading list, CLEP and DANTES test books and DVDs, fax machine, language course packages, research assistance, magazines, newspapers, online research databases, Inter library loan, books on CD, Playaways, popular movies, music CDs and video games.
COFFEE & COLORING
Every Tuesday, 11am – 2pm
Enjoy a cup of coffee or tea while coloring designs created for adults! For more information, please call 275-2665.
With a valid ID, patrons may receive a Library card.
Who May Apply For a Library Card
- Active duty military personnel and their family members
- Civilian personnel employed at Edwards AFB
- Retired military personnel and their family members
- Non-remarried surviving spouses and their family members
- Students taking classes on base through the Education Office
(must show proof of on-base enrollment)
Renewals and Holds
Books can be borrowed for 2 weeks and may be renewed up to 2 times; DVDs can be borrowed for 7 days and cannot be renewed. Phone renewals are permitted if the item is not overdue, has not been renewed beyond the limit, or is not on hold for another patron. Holds may be placed on an item if it is currently out to another patron. You may place a hold on an item by phone or at the Circulation Desk.
COMPUTER LAB USE
All library computers are subject to monitoring.
In order to use the Library computers effectively you should have a basic knowledge of Windows NT, Microsoft Office 2000 applications and the Internet. If these are unfamiliar to you, professional training before using the computers is recommended. You are responsible for all damage to both hardware and software.
- An employee will sign you in at the circulation counter for computer use.
- You may NOT download programs or data files to the computer hard drive. You may save information to a CD or DVD. Saving information on the hard drive may result in suspension of user privileges.
- You are responsible for the computer for the time you signed-in. Please, make sure you sign-off when you finish using the computer.
- The Library has a limited number of computers available for patron use. They are not intended to be gaming or chat machines, but for serious research and document preparation. User privileges may be revoked for other uses.
- Use may be limited to 1 hour if a waiting list develops.
- You are responsible for all copies printed…EVEN IF BY MISTAKE. You are allowed 3 pages per day free. Additional pages are 15 cents each. Unless you want to pay extra, DO NOT press the print button more than once.
- Dependents under the age of 18 may only use the computers with the consent of their sponsor or sponsor’s spouse. At the Children’s Library, consent forms are available at the Circulation Desk. These forms must be filled-out and signed by the dependent and his/her sponsor at the Desk, after reading and accepting these policy. At the Main Library, there is a consent log at the Circulation Desk, which must be signed by the sponsor or the sponsor’s spouse.
INTER LIBRARY LOAN
Inter-library loan and Document Delivery services are available through the Base Library to support the Mission and Educational goals of Edwards AFB. These services supplement the available resources currently offered by the Library. If you don’t find what you need in our online catalog, periodical list, or databases, we may get it for you by sending a request to a lending library.
Inter-library Loan is a cooperative agreement between the lending and borrowing libraries for the benefit of the library user. Some libraries do not lend materials and others restrict what they lend. The following items cannot normally be borrowed: Audio/Video tapes and CDs, Best Sellers, and Reference books.
To request an Inter-library Loan please visit the Library.
NEW MANGO LANGUAGES ONLINE
This new option to learn more than 70 languages is being offered by Air Force Libraries and is available through the AF Portal. To create an account, select “Database and Online Resources” from the “Library & Resources” tab, then select “Educational Resources” where Mango Languages will be listed among other resources. For more information call 275-2665 or stop by the library.
Online Tutoring and Career help for military families is now available at tutor.com
Every tutor is screened, certified, and background checked, and no personal information is ever shared between student and tutor. Tutors work with one student at a time, the teach each process step-by-step to make sure the material is understood, but will never just give the answer.
Tutoring services are available for K-12 students. Career services are available to college students and adult learners including resume writing, test preparation, and family budgeting.
Please visit the library for more information and to request a pass code.
Edwards AFB Library, in partnership with the Recorder Books and the Air Force Library Program, is please to announce the introduction of Universal Class Library Edition, a powerful new online continuing education service designed specifically for use by the patrons of public libraries.
Universal Class offers patrons a unique online education experience. With a growing catalog of over 540 course, Universal Class is committed to providing only the most affordable and highest quality online training. With real instructors guiding the learning, engaging video-based lessons, a collaborative learning environment, graded lesson tests, certificates of achievement and Continuing Education Units available for selected course, students enjoy an engaging and measurable learning experience that helps them master and document their education goals.
Universal Class offers courses in Exercise and Fitness, Entrepreneurship, Arts and Music, Home and Garden Care, Cooking, Computers and Technology, Health and Medicine, Homeschooling, Job Assistance, Law and Legal, Parenting and Family, Pet and Animal Care… plus 100’s more.
All library customers are eligible for this service. Visit the Library to get registration information.
DOWNLOADABLE E-BOOKS & AUDIOBOOKS
A leading full-service digital distributor of eBooks, audiobooks, and other digital content. Currently hosts more than 500,000 premium digital titles from more that 1,000 publishers, including Random House, HarperCollins, BBC Audiobooks America, Harlequin, and Bloomsbury. To open an account visit the Library.
Now a provider of eBooks and audiobooks to Air Force Libraries and other institutions worldwide. The synergy of eBooks with EBSCO’s multifaceted collection of electronic content provides customers with even more options for fulfilling their growing electronic information needs. Contact the Library for access.
A fully searchable electronic library at your fingertips. Safari Books Online’s entire collection of over 13,000 books, training videos, rough cuts, short cuts, and articles from the world’s leading publishers is available online, in PDF format for chapter and whole-book downloads, or from your mobile device.