With a valid ID, patrons may receive a Library card.
WHO MAY APPLY FOR A LIBRARY CARD
- Active duty military personnel and their family members
- Civilian personnel employed at Edwards AFB
- Retired military personnel and their family members
- Non-remarried surviving spouses and their family members
- Students taking classes on base through the Education Office
(must show proof of on-base enrollment)
Most Library materials circulate for two weeks and two renewals are allowed. Loan period for other materials:
- Videotapes: 7 days, no renewals
- DVDs: 7 days, no renewals
- Current periodicals: may not be checked out
RENEWALS AND HOLDS
Library materials may be renewed up to two times. Phone renewals are permitted if the item is not overdue, has not been renewed beyond the limit, or is not on hold for another patron.
Holds may be placed on an item if it is currently out to another patron. You may place a hold on an item by phone or at the Circulation Desk.
The Library does not charge for overdue items. Notices of overdue items are mailed to the office address of active duty and civilian personnel and to the home address of other patrons. Supervisors are notified if materials have not been returned after the second notice.
LIMITS ON MATERIALS CHECKED OUT
An individual may check out an unlimited number of books, Test Preparation books, video tapes, audio books and music CDs. DVD’s are limited to 5 titles per patron.
COMPUTER LAB USE
ALL LIBRARY COMPUTERS ARE SUBJECT TO MONITORING
In order to use the Library computers effectively you should have a basic knowledge of Windows NT, Microsoft Office 2000 applications and the Internet. If these are unfamiliar to you, professional training before using the computers is recommended. You are responsible for all damage to both hardware and software.
- An employee will sign you in at the circulation counter for computer use.
- You may NOT download programs or data files to the computer hard drive. You may save information to a floppy disk. Saving information on the hard drive may result in suspension of user privileges.
- You are responsible for the computer for the time you signed-in. Please, make sure you sign-off when you finish using the computer.
- The Library has a limited number of computers available for patron use. They are not intended to be gaming or chat machines, but for serious research and document preparation. User privileges may be revoked for other uses.
- Use may be limited to 1 hour if a waiting list develops.
- You are responsible for all copies printed…EVEN IF BY MISTAKE. You are allowed 3 pages per day free. Additional pages are 15 cents each. Unless you want to pay extra, DO NOT press the print button more than once.
- Dependents under the age of 18 may only use the computers with the consent of their sponsor or sponsor’s spouse. At the Children’s Library, consent forms are available at the Circulation Desk. These forms must be filled-out and signed by the dependent and his/her sponsor at the Desk, after reading and accepting these policy. At the Main Library, there is a consent log at the Circulation Desk, which must be signed by the sponsor or the sponsor’s spouse.