Airman and Family Readiness supports the Edwards AFB mission by supporting military families. We provide information and support helping people maintain quality lives, enabling our citizens to remain always mission ready.
Our Mission: Build strong and ready communities, work collaboratively to build resilient communities that promote self-sufficiency and enhance mission readiness, retention and adaptation to the AF way of life by providing total force members, their families, and leadership with measurable and effective services.
Federal Employment Workshop
Tuesday, December 12, 9am-12pm
This is the previous Ten Steps to a Federal Job class; an easy to follow step-by-step process for analyzing your qualifications through tracking and following up with your USAJobs application. NAF and Civilian Personnel will also be present during this workshop to help grow your knowledge with the Federal Employment process.
First Term Officers Course
Tuesday, December 12, 9-10:30am
This MANDATORY course is designed to introduce First Term Officers to all aspects of Financial Readiness.
Blended Retirement System
Tuesday, December 12, 2-3pm
The Blended Retirement System (BRS) will go into effect January 1, 2018. Those with fewer than 12 years of service as of December 31, 2017 or Air Force Reserve component members with fewer than 4,320 retirement points, may choose to “opt-in” during the designated period. Briefing will provide information to learn about and compare your options with BRS and TSP.
Plan My Move
Wednesday, December 12, 2-3pm
This seminar will assist in ensuring you a successful PCS, whether it be planning for an OCONUS or CONUS move.
- Unit/Leadership assessments and consultation
- Air Force Aid Society (AFAS) financial assistance 24/7 (AFAS non duty hours 1 877 272-7337)
- AFAS 2015 Education Programs
- Relocation assistance
(spouse welcome every first Wed of month 0900-1500—please RSVP)
Call about HEARTLINK for USAF spouse!
- Transition assistance (DoL TAP class and pre separation/retirement counseling, get your DD2648 here) Casualty Affairs and survivor assistance, please call for information
- MILITARYONESOURCE (anytime, anywhere, anything) 1 800 342-9647 24/7, or militaryonesource.com
- Family life education (Bundles for Babies, parenting, marital, couples, anger management, etc…)
- Family readiness for extended duty, deployment separation and sustainment
- Hearts Apart third Thursday of month, 1700-1900, Please RSVP
- Key Spouse every month – Call for details
- Financial Readiness (personal and financial management)
- Family services and loan locker
- Career programs
- Spouse employment assistance programs
- Family services volunteer group
- Information and referral
- Relocation assistance
- Transition assistance
- Volunteer opportunities
Much, much more!