Airman and Family Readiness supports the Edwards AFB mission by supporting military families. We provide information and support helping people maintain quality lives, enabling our citizens to remain always mission ready.
Our Mission: Build strong and ready communities, work collaboratively to build resilient communities that promote self-sufficiency and enhance mission readiness, retention and adaptation to the AF way of life by providing total force members, their families, and leadership with measurable and effective services.
Five Love Languages for Couples
Tuesday, April 25, 5-6:30pm
The 5 Love Languages profile will give you an analysis of your emotional communication preference. It will single out your primary love language, what it means, and how you can use it to connect with your loved one to increase intimacy and fulfillment.
Plan My Move
Wednesday, April 26, 2-3pm
Edwards “Plan My Move” seminar will assist you in ensuring you select the proper path for a successful PCS, whether it be planning for an OCONUS or CONUS move
Ditching the Dorms
Thursday, April 27, 3-4pm
This class is intended to help Airmen better prepare themselves for moving out of the dorms. This class is MANDATORY prior to moving out of the dorms.
Wednesday, May 3, 10 & 24, 8:30-11:30am
Prerequisite for the 5-day Transition Assistance Program. Spouses are highly encouraged to attend.
Thursday, May 4, 7:40am-2pm
Required for all active-duty members. Provides vital information regarding base resources and services, policies, procedures, recreation opportunities and more! Spouse are highly encouraged to attend.
10 Steps to Federal Employment
Tuesday, May 9, 9am-12pm
Teaches the process for analyzing your qualifications through tracking and following up with your USAJOBS applications. Registration 24 hours prior to class is required.
- Unit/Leadership assessments and consultation
- Air Force Aid Society (AFAS) financial assistance 24/7 (AFAS non duty hours 1 877 272-7337)
- AFAS 2015 Education Programs
- Relocation assistance
(spouse welcome every first Wed of month 0900-1500—please RSVP)
Call about HEARTLINK for USAF spouse!
- Transition assistance (DoL TAP class and pre separation/retirement counseling, get your DD2648 here) Casualty Affairs and survivor assistance, please call for information
- MILITARYONESOURCE (anytime, anywhere, anything) 1 800 342-9647 24/7, or militaryonesource.com
- Family life education (Bundles for Babies, parenting, marital, couples, anger management, etc…)
- Family readiness for extended duty, deployment separation and sustainment
- Hearts Apart third Thursday of month, 1700-1900, Please RSVP
- Key Spouse every month – Call for details
- Financial Readiness (personal and financial management)
- Family services and loan locker
- Career programs
- Spouse employment assistance programs
- Family services volunteer group
- Information and referral
- Relocation assistance
- Transition assistance
- Volunteer opportunities
Much, much more!