Airman and Family Readiness supports the Edwards AFB mission by supporting military families. We provide information and support helping people maintain quality lives, enabling our citizens to remain always mission ready.
Our Mission: Build strong and ready communities, work collaboratively to build resilient communities that promote self-sufficiency and enhance mission readiness, retention and adaptation to the AF way of life by providing total force members, their families, and leadership with measurable and effective services.
Transition Assistance Program Seminar
Monday-Friday, October 23-27, 7:15am-4pm
The TAP workshop is REQUIRED for all separating and retiring military members; spouses are welcome and encouraged to attend. Completion of the Pre-Separation Counseling briefing is a mandatory prerequisite for this workshop.
Blended Retirement System
Tuesday, October 24, 2-3pm
The Blended Retirement System (BRS) will go into effect January 1, 2018. Those with fewer than 12 years of service as of December 31, 2017 or Air Force Reserve component members with fewer than 4,320 retirement points, may choose to “opt-in” during the designated period. Briefing will provide information to learn about and compare your options with BRS and TSP.
Plan My Move
Wednesday, October 25, 2-3pm
This seminar will assist in ensuring you a successful PCS, whether it be planning for an OCONUS or CONUS move.
Ditching the Dorms
Thursday, October 26, 3-4pm
This class is intended to help Airmen better prepare themselves for moving out of the dorms and must be completed at least 3 months prior to move out.
Survivors Benefit Plan (SBP) Workshop
Tuesday, October 31, 10-11am
This workshop is designed to educate and familiarize all retiring Air Force members with the SBP. A face-to-face meeting with a SBP counselor and an election must be accomplished before retirement.
Five Love Languages
Tuesday, October 31, 3-4:30pm
The Five Love Languages® profile will give you an analysis of your emotional communication preference. It will single out your primary love language, what it means, and how you can use it to connect with your loved one to increase intimacy and fulfillment.
Ultimate Scavenger Hunt
Celebrate the Month of the Military Family in November by stopping by the A&FRC to pick up the Ultimate Scavenger Hunt Guide – filled with 30 days of activities and challenges to complete as a family! With each completion submitted, your family is eligible for one entry to win a goody-filled basket courtesy of the A&FRC. Open to all Team Edwards Families.
Wednesday, November 1, 8:30-11:30am
Starting the separation process early will help you better prepare to have a successful transition from military to civilian life. Pre-Separation Counseling is a prerequisite for the 5-day Transition Assistance Program.
Newcomer’s Orientation and Information Fair
Thursday, November 2, 7:30am-2pm
Required for all active-duty members providing vital information regarding base resources and services, policies, procedures, recreation opportunities and more.
- Unit/Leadership assessments and consultation
- Air Force Aid Society (AFAS) financial assistance 24/7 (AFAS non duty hours 1 877 272-7337)
- AFAS 2015 Education Programs
- Relocation assistance
(spouse welcome every first Wed of month 0900-1500—please RSVP)
Call about HEARTLINK for USAF spouse!
- Transition assistance (DoL TAP class and pre separation/retirement counseling, get your DD2648 here) Casualty Affairs and survivor assistance, please call for information
- MILITARYONESOURCE (anytime, anywhere, anything) 1 800 342-9647 24/7, or militaryonesource.com
- Family life education (Bundles for Babies, parenting, marital, couples, anger management, etc…)
- Family readiness for extended duty, deployment separation and sustainment
- Hearts Apart third Thursday of month, 1700-1900, Please RSVP
- Key Spouse every month – Call for details
- Financial Readiness (personal and financial management)
- Family services and loan locker
- Career programs
- Spouse employment assistance programs
- Family services volunteer group
- Information and referral
- Relocation assistance
- Transition assistance
- Volunteer opportunities
Much, much more!