Airman and Family Readiness supports the Edwards AFB mission by supporting military families. We provide information and support helping people maintain quality lives, enabling our citizens to remain always mission ready.
Our Mission: Build strong and ready communities, work collaboratively to build resilient communities that promote self-sufficiency and enhance mission readiness, retention and adaptation to the AF way of life by providing total force members, their families, and leadership with measurable and effective services.
Wednesday, August 23, 8:30am-1:30pm
This is an introduction to the Air Force for spouses who are newly married or want to learn more about the Air Force way of life. Workshop-based with speakers from various service agencies give an overview of services available. Lunch is included. Childcare available, but it must be requested a minimum of two weeks prior.
Ditching the Dorms
Thursday, August 24, 3-4pm
This class will help Airmen better prepare for moving out of the dorms and is MANDATORY prior to moving out of the dorms.
Survivors Benefit Plan (SBP) Workshop
Tuesday, August 29, 10-11am
This workshop will educate and familiarize all retiring Air Force members with the Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP). A face-to-face meeting with an SBP counselor, and an election must be accomplished before retirement.
Wednesday, August 30, 8:30-11:30am
Start your Military Transition NOW! Starting this process early will help you better prepare to have a successful transition from military to civilian life.
Plan My Move
Wednesday, August 30, 2-3pm
Edwards Plan My Move seminar will assist you in ensuring you select the proper path for a successful PCS whether it be planning for an OCONUS or CONUS move. It will also ensure you receive valuable information necessary to make informed decisions and alleviate stress that might come with a relocation.
- Unit/Leadership assessments and consultation
- Air Force Aid Society (AFAS) financial assistance 24/7 (AFAS non duty hours 1 877 272-7337)
- AFAS 2015 Education Programs
- Relocation assistance
(spouse welcome every first Wed of month 0900-1500—please RSVP)
Call about HEARTLINK for USAF spouse!
- Transition assistance (DoL TAP class and pre separation/retirement counseling, get your DD2648 here) Casualty Affairs and survivor assistance, please call for information
- MILITARYONESOURCE (anytime, anywhere, anything) 1 800 342-9647 24/7, or militaryonesource.com
- Family life education (Bundles for Babies, parenting, marital, couples, anger management, etc…)
- Family readiness for extended duty, deployment separation and sustainment
- Hearts Apart third Thursday of month, 1700-1900, Please RSVP
- Key Spouse every month – Call for details
- Financial Readiness (personal and financial management)
- Family services and loan locker
- Career programs
- Spouse employment assistance programs
- Family services volunteer group
- Information and referral
- Relocation assistance
- Transition assistance
- Volunteer opportunities
Much, much more!