Airman and Family Readiness supports the Edwards AFB mission by supporting military families. We provide information and support helping people maintain quality lives, enabling our citizens to remain always mission ready.
Our Mission: Build strong and ready communities, work collaboratively to build resilient communities that promote self-sufficiency and enhance mission readiness, retention and adaptation to the AF way of life by providing total force members, their families, and leadership with measurable and effective services.
Key Spouse Monthly Training
Wednesday, June 21, 5:30-7:30pm.
Monthly training for Key Spouses on resources and services both on base and in local civilian communities.
Survivors Benefit Plan (SBP) Workshop
Tuesday, June 27, 10-11am
This workshop is designed to educate and familiarize all retiring Air Force members with the SBP. A face-to-face meeting with an SBP counselor and an election must be accomplished before retirement. Spouses are welcome and encouraged to attend.
Wednesday, July 5, 8:30-11:30am
Start your Military Transition NOW! Starting this process early will help you better prepare to have a successful transition from military to civilian life.
Newcomer’s Orientation and Information Fair
Thursday, July 6, 7:30am-2pm
Required for all active duty members. Provides vital information regarding base resources, services, policies, procedures, recreation opportunities and more.
- Unit/Leadership assessments and consultation
- Air Force Aid Society (AFAS) financial assistance 24/7 (AFAS non duty hours 1 877 272-7337)
- AFAS 2015 Education Programs
- Relocation assistance
(spouse welcome every first Wed of month 0900-1500—please RSVP)
Call about HEARTLINK for USAF spouse!
- Transition assistance (DoL TAP class and pre separation/retirement counseling, get your DD2648 here) Casualty Affairs and survivor assistance, please call for information
- MILITARYONESOURCE (anytime, anywhere, anything) 1 800 342-9647 24/7, or militaryonesource.com
- Family life education (Bundles for Babies, parenting, marital, couples, anger management, etc…)
- Family readiness for extended duty, deployment separation and sustainment
- Hearts Apart third Thursday of month, 1700-1900, Please RSVP
- Key Spouse every month – Call for details
- Financial Readiness (personal and financial management)
- Family services and loan locker
- Career programs
- Spouse employment assistance programs
- Family services volunteer group
- Information and referral
- Relocation assistance
- Transition assistance
- Volunteer opportunities
Much, much more!